Dimplex Opti-V™ Duet 54" UL Listed Built-In Linear Electric Fireplace (VF5452L)
Opti-V™ Duet uses unprecedented technology to render flames and sparks for a virtual fireplace experience like no other. The unique and patent protected design combines ultra realistic flickering flames with three-dimensional LED logs that sporadically spark and crackle!
If you are looking for an electric fireplace that looks and sounds like a gas fireplace, this is an excellent choice. The perfect blend of magic and realism, Opti-V™ is the most unbelievable flame effect yet.
Key Features and Benefits
- A blend of technology, artistry, and craftsmanship, the patented LED Dimplex flame technology creates the illusion of a true fire.
- The crackle of a wood fire.
- Includes a convenient easy to use on/off remote for control at your fingertips with sound effect volume control.
- Frameless design.
- Zero clearance for built-in applications; maintenance-free operation
- Designed to be direct-wired to a 120/240V circuit for a seamless look.
- Patented LED inner glow logs and pulsating ember technology allow the logs and embers to glow in concert creating an unmatched realistic fireplace experience.
- The green alternative. No harmful particulates or emissions and 100% efficient.
- With no flame heat or emission and a glass front that remains cool to the touch; our fireplaces are the safe choice for your home.
- Meets the strictest building codes; making it ideal for any commercial or residential installation.
- UL Listed
Q: How efficient are Dimplex fireplaces and stoves?
A: Dimplex fireplaces and stoves are 100% efficient. All of the energy supplied to the unit is converted into heat, which stays in the room to keep you warm. Many gas fireplaces advertise 70-80% efficiency. This means that 20-30% of the energy supplied to the units is vented outside.
Q: Is it expensive to operate?
A: No! Dimplex fireplaces and stoves operate for pennies a day. The flame uses slightly under 300 Watts of power. With an average electricity rate, the unit operates for a remarkable 3¢ per hour providing all the warmth, ambiance and romance of a fireplace. When you choose to activate the heat feature along with the flame, the unit uses approximately 1500 Watts. The total cost to operate the flame and heater is approximately 8 ¢ per hour (gas fireplace manufacturers regularly advertise running costs of 17¢ per hour)! Electricity rates vary. 8 ¢ per hour based on heater cycling at 50%.
Q: Can a Dimplex fireplace or stove be easily relocated?
A: Yes! Unlike gas fireplaces, which require venting fuel pipelines, a Dimplex fireplace or stove just needs to be unplugged! When you need a change you can move it to a different room and when you move to a new home you can take your investment with you.
Q: Will a Dimplex fireplace or stove provide warmth and comfort in any room - large or small?
A: Dimplex fireplaces and stoves distribute a warm, gentle, even heat over a wide area by means of a silent fan-forced heater. It will produce about 5115 BTU of total heat.* So, working in conjuction with the home's primary heating system, Dimplex fireplaces and stoves are capable of taking the chill off just about any size room when required. *Most gas fireplaces produce over 20,000 BTU of heat in a single room while the average size home requires only 90,000 BTU to heat the entire house.
Q: The flame looks so real. How does it work?
A: Dimplex has developed a patented technology which provides a realistic, wood-burning flame.
Q: Will the Dimplex flame operate without heat?
A: Yes! The Dimplex flame and heater operate independently of each other. This means you can enjoy the ambiance of of a realistic flame all year round! In many gas units, the flame cycles off as the room temperature rises and you lose the flame effect until the room cools down again. In smaller rooms, gas fireplaces can be off a lot of the time and in the warmer climates they may not come on at all unless the thermostat is set higher than the room temperature.
Q: Can the flame be adjusted?
A: Yes. Dimplex fireplaces and stoves have controls that allow you to adjust the background light and speed of the flame to create an ambiance to suit any mood.
Q: Will the Dimplex fireplace insert fit into my existing fireplace opening?
A: The Dimplex fireplace insert is designed to fit just about any fireplace opening with ease.
Q: Can I set my fireplace up myself?
A: Yes! Just take it home and plug it in! Dimplex fireplaces or stoves plug into any standard 120-volt outlet and do not require a dedicated circuit. It's as easy as plugging in a lamp! In addition, a Dimplex fireplace or stove does not require any venting pipelines for fuel or expensive professional reconstruction to your home. Whether a Dimplex fireplace or stove is being installed into one of our many attractive mantels or into an existing fireplace opening, installation is fast and easy!
Q: Where can I put a Dimplex fireplace or stove?
A: You can put a Dimplex fireplace or stove in just about any indoor area as long as it is clean and dry. Whether you want to add ambiance to your living room, family room, bedroom, kitchen, foyer or dining room, as long as there's an outlet, there's no problem! Dimplex fireplaces are perfect for single family homes, condominiums, apartments, mobile homes or cottages.
Q: Where can I find the owner’s manual for my specific product?
A: All of our manuals are available on our website; simply follow this link and enter your model number :
Q: Where can I find an authorized Dimplex service depot?
A: We do not have authorized service depots. Please call Dimplex tech support at (888) 346-7539.
We will ask for your model and serial number, we will then ask a few questions and diagnose your problem over the phone. We will then send parts as per your warranty. If your unit has a service warranty we will arrange service. Parts are available for purchase if your unit is outside your warranty.
Q: Are Dimplex Fireplaces Safe?
A: Dimplex fireplaces and stoves have full electrical certification throughout North America for complete peace of mind. To ensure the safety of your family members, no combustible energy sources are used to produce the flame. This means that you never need to worry about oxygen depletion or carbon monoxide poisoning in your home. The glass remains cool to the touch to ensure children don't burn their hands on the glass. It also does not contribute to indoor moisture or mold concerns. Other features include impact resistant safety glass and safety cut out with reset controls.
Q: Is it easy to maintain?
A: Yes. Every 2 to 3 years the light bulbs, readily available at any hardware store, will need to be replaced. You will be able to do this easily yourself. Most other fireplaces require ongoing, costly maintenance, which must be performed by qualified service technicians.